Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Fashion travels to: New England

Good morning! In the spirit of summer and the travels that ensue, we thought it would be fun to showcase the fashions seen in our destinations. It's one thing I love to do when I travel away from home. It gives me a taste of the culture and lifestyle for the state/city/country I'm in!

Cape Cod was nearly exactly as I pictured: people milling about quaint seaside towns donning chic resort wear a la Ralph Lauren, J. Crew, Talbots, etc. I had fun dressing the part here! It was still chilly when my parents and I went in May, so I was quick to layer up and grab a jacket (and a Dunkin Donuts coffee!)

Exploring the tip at Provincetown and trying not to FREEZE! (stripes are hiding under my jacket!)

sweater over a plaid button up and boyfriend jeans.. fitting right in!

In Boston I saw lots of easy, warm pieces (Harvard sweatshirts, anyone?) and classic business attire. Seeing as how I was on vacation, I opted for middle ground. I wore lots of layers and comfy shoes for TONS of walking and sightseeing!

Layered up at the most photographed street in Boston
Last stop on the vacation was a trip up the coast to Newburyport, which was a lovely town. The weather was warm(er) and the people relaxed. It was delightful.

A stop in Salem to see the sights I read about waaay back in 7th grade!

Bundled up in my newly thrifted vintage coral trench ($5!) for a successful (windy/freezing) day of whale watching!

Lighthouse love at Portland Head Light

My favorite navy lace Anthro dress for a Mother's Day full of mexican food and exploring!
If you haven't been up to the New England area, I highly recommend it!!! The thrifting is golden. If that isn't reason enough, the to-die-for seafood, friendly locals, and adorable towns should be. Don't think that it is just a 'Fall Foliage' destination... I couldn't imagine missing out on the quiet and cool days May had to offer, not to mention the palpable excitement of the busy summer months to come.

-Stripes

No comments:

Post a Comment