Monday, October 6, 2014

Style Icon: Clinton Kelly



Hello again! Being gone so long, this post will be a bonus of fashion & fun.. and one from the archives.

I met Clinton Kelly, man of many talents, but most known for cohosting What Not to Wear all these glorious years. He really knows his stuff when it comes to fashion/style/witty zingers. That show is so incredibly entertaining. It absolutely holds a pretty top spot on my 'favorites' list. So when I saw a last-minute, day-of opportunity to attend his style event at Austin's Macy's in the Domain, my momma and I seized the moment and jumped at the chance. We were in San Antonio, dropping Dad off at the airport, and not five minutes after we drove away, he called to *brag* that he had just seen Clinton!!! Now we definitely had to go!

They put on a nice fashion show, with helpful tips for mastering the fall stylesusing 6 trends (think army, embellishments, etc.) on three different models (young, curvy, over 40). Guests snacked and sipped on h'ordeouvs and mocktails whilst perusing our goody bag. The Q&A was even better. Attendees asked Clinton all sorts of questions (Are these pants acceptable, what length necklaces for what necklines, pregnancy style...) and he even brought up several of the girls to offer up incredibly honest opinions of their current outfit. Scary-brave girls, were they.

After the show, I was able to meet Clinton! What an honor! We seemed to hit it off (delusional?) and were able to chat for a bit about men's pants (he agrees.. WHY do boys wear those super skinny jeans?!), my outfit, and his outfit. I can now say that Clinton Kelly liked my outfit. Talk about a dream come true!!!! Literally, I've dreamed that I meet Stacy and Clinton in NYC and they like my outfit. Waking up not even planning to meet this fashion icon of mine... thank goodness I was presentable!

He's a great guy, and even better in person than on television. It was truly an honor to hear him speak and talk with him afterwards. Thanks for a great night, my friend!

-Stripes

P.S. Who is your style icon, male or female?


No comments:

Post a Comment